It’s been just over a year (3/21) since a four legged dog came into our lives. Since his arrival I’d say we’ve spoiled the heck out of him…and we’re okay with that. This is Leo on the first day we brought him home:
He was a tiny puppy who was left on the doorstep of an animal shelter. You can read more about how we came around to adopt him by clicking HERE.
Since we weren’t sure how big he was going to get, I wanted to document his growth so that I can look back at how much he’s grown. I started a photo series called, ‘Leo by the Week’ and I planned to run it for 1 year. At first it seemed like he was growing by the week but as he got a little older, his growth spurts seemed to be slowing down…and so did the weekly photos. I then switched to once a month for the remainder of the year. Take a look at the collage:
Here’s a comparison from the first photo to the most recent.
Left: Taken 3/22/14 Right: Taken 3/23/15
Pretty cool to see the changes. I’m going to have to frame that collage or something. Any ideas, internet?
I’d say Leo has had a pretty good year so far.
1. He’s enjoyed many snuggles.
2. Got to play with Baylee before she passed away.
3. Sophie, my brothers dog, is about the same age as Leo and they love playing together.
4. Went swimming (sort of) in Lake Tahoe for the first time and LOVES the water.
5. Had his first Fall experience.
6. Then when it started getting cold, you’d find him laying by the heater.
7. Had his first butterfly encounter and was unsure about what to do with it.
8. Enjoyed (I should say still enjoys) giving me the puppy dog eyes while I work.
9. Had his first Christmas.
10. Had 2 Emergency room visits. Leo got into a pack of sugar free gum that contains xylitol which is poisonous to dogs.
Well dog, it’s been a good first year and learning experience minus a couple hospital visits, chewed up items, and other puppy behaviors…but that comes with all the unconditional love, snuggles, and laughs you bring. Here’s to many more years.